It’s been a while since I last blogged! It was a craze with finals going on, but summer is officially here! This past school year went by so fast, it was hard to believe that it’s over. It’s been crazy hot the past few days, so unfortunately I haven’t been able to bake as much as I’d like. This recipe was from a few weeks ago– I hope you enjoy!
Sugar Cookies with Cookie Dough Frosting adapted from Sweet Boake
Sugar Cookies (makes about 60)
- 10 tablespoons softened butter
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 cups flour
Cookie Dough Frosting
- 3/4 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 + 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup flou
- 2 + 1/2 tablespoons of milk
For the cookies:
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. Cream the shortening and butter until smooth.
3. Beat in sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
4. Mix in baking powder and salt. Add the flour in one cup at a time, along with a tablespoon of milk and mix until well incorporated.
5. Roll dough into balls and place onto baking sheet. Slightly flatten the top.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies are golden brown. It’s important to not overcook them!
7. Transfer cookies onto a cold surface or cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
For the cookie dough frosting:
1. Beat the butter, brown sugar and and salt until fluffy.
2. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
3. Beat in the flour and milk.
6. Pipe onto cookies and consume immediately. 😉
These were a big hit and were gone within two days. Great sugar cookie recipe! The frosting will surprise you– it really does taste like cookie dough. More cookie recipes soon!